Saturday, August 5, 2023

TONT re-upped Part 18 (the final re-up)

 TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES (2006)

The very first volume i have compiled after reading a Johnny Ramone interview

"In the 90's, we played some festivals with some of the other new bands, and i could see that these bands were being influenced by Pearl Jam, and bands like that. they didn't even know who The Ramones were. They could be into punk rock and not even be familiar with The Clash. They're influenced by stuff that came out in the 90's. They don't go back and learn the history. Go back to the beginning of rock 'n'roll and listen to everything that went down. Listen to The Kinks and you know who Slade are. If you're going to start a band now because you listened to The Strokes, how do you know what it takes to be good."

First posted on PPL in May 2006

and then posted on PPC in May 2008..

Vol 01 (1.12 gb) 

WU (365 mb)

click below to explore the archives
927 covers (only two duplicates)
 
and don't forget the latest volume #20

WU (1.11 gb)
 or
WU (372 mb)

3 comments:

fremi said...

Thank You, I've see in the sheet, that it's complete now! :-)

musicyoucan said...

Thx a lot for the complete re-upload of TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES.
Is it possible now to re-upload THE MANY SIDES OF SHAKE SOME ACTION (2022)( More than 180mn of "Action at full speed")
I'm a great fan of the Flamin Groovies and particularly of the track Shake Some Action.
Thanks per advance
PS : It was on https://powerpopcriminals.blogspot.com/2022/03/more-than-180mn-of-action-at-full-speed.html

Doug J said...

Greetings, Angelo - so happy that you're back, and I hope you're doing as well as possible...

I guess I missed "Summer Breeze" from last summer on PPC, and now Zippy is gone - any chance of re-posting on PPA? Thanks - cheers!