Saturday, July 29, 2023

20 Months Later, TONT Is Back

TRIBUTES OR NOT TRIBUTES VOL 20 (2023)

 
The last TONT (volume 18) was posted in december 2021 on PPC with the great "optimistic" sleeve, and even tough nothing has changed "hearing wise", this is a brand new volume initiated early 2022 and finally completed in july 2023, many editions have been made over the months with a lot of various edits. After several months of hiatus due to some ups and downs, It is only a few weeks ago that i decided to lauch again PPA and therefore to complete the 20th volume of the longest series of compilations i have ever made. Logically maybe you'll wonder where is Volume 19, and i can tell you "I really don't know" - it might be somewhere on the old PC, and i have to find this out. Anyway i hope you'll enjoy this new collection of covers.

and just like Johnny Ramone used to say:

"Go back and learn the history.
Go back to the beginning of rock 'n'roll
and listen to everything that went down".
WU (1.11 gb)
 or
WU (372 mb)

click below to explore the archives
927 covers (only two duplicates)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness!! Are the earlier volumes available? Would love to hear them!

Mark said...

Thank you as always for all your efforts. Every so often I'd come back to PPA to see if it was still dormant and then all of a sudden tons of great stuff! Glad you're back. Hope you're having a good summer.

MrDave said...

Thanks Angelo!

Unknown said...

YAY! I am glad you are feeling well enough to grace us with your "presents" again Angelo! Love this series. I am still looking for Vol. 17, if anyone would care to help a fellow TONT fan out.

snoh2k said...

Where can I find volume 18?

heartsofstone said...

Happy, happy day. These are magnificent comps. Thanks so much.

Alexander Mishagin said...

Great work! Thank You!

Shriner said...

Haha -- so where *is* Volume 19? Thanks as always for these, Angelo!

Beatnik said...

This is by far one of the best sampler I heard in a long time. Congratulations for this perfect collection. Thank you very much.

OhMyJosh said...

As always, thank you for all the work you put into these. I've enjoyed them all and listen to them often!!!

Dave said...

Oh, how I have missed you, Angelo! I am so happy to see you back in action, even with the personal challenges you have faced during the last few years. This is a gift to us all!

Mitch Useless said...

Good to see the pope of Power Pop is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You not yet found Vol.19 ????
Drop an update note please !

MiTcH

D.DC said...

I'm so glad to see you're back! Thank You!!!

Garth Issett said...

Angelo, so wonderful to have you back and I hope you are feeling much better. Thanks for re-upping the TONT's .. they are fantastic. Wanted to ensure that I had everything, so I cross-checked and I did. In fact I have an extra song on TONT 17 that for some reason was missing from the spreadsheet. Either I messed up the download or it got dropped from your source. "Nutted By Reality" [Nick Lowe], cover by Davey Lane - CD1, track 13. Hope this helps. Thanks for all that you do!

angelo said...

Thanx for checking - i have checked on my side, the Davey Lane song had been omitted, this is now fixed - 927 covers on 18 volumes

checking the two duplicates

Ignacio said...

Angelo, you are awesome. So glad you are back. Thanks for all of your hard work!