Sunday, August 6, 2023

Far East Power Pop

VARIOUS - JAPANESE POWER POP (2023)

 
Catchy hooks, power riffs, strong melodies are the template of the 25 bands featured here. Sung in english or japanese, it is almost impossible to not enjoy the energy brought by all the bands. You'll hear or see plenty of references, either musically (The Beatles, Hollies, Raspberries, bubblegum...) or graphically (Badfinger, The Who, The Beatles, or the Nerves)
 
I started the compilation two or three years ago, and completed it only a few days ago. I wouldn't say this is some kind of anthology of japanese power pop, but more a collection of songs i really like. I'm not a specialist of Japanese Power Pop, but the bands deserve to have some recognition.
WU (591 mb)
 or
WU (185 mb)

5 comments:

MrDave said...

Sounds interesting -- thank you!

apsbeatlefan said...

So very nice to be see you are back, really hope you are fine!
And thanks for all the wonderfull music you have shared recently.

By the way, do you have anything ny the band The Goggles, Beatles tribute/parody band from Fukuoka, Japan?

jay said...

Thank you!!!
I love your compilations!!

JD said...

Thanks for the awesome comp.

WhatTS said...

this looks great!