Monday, March 23, 2026

The UK LP + 12" EP (Original Artwork Never Reissued)

THE RECORDS - SHADES IN BED (1979)

 
The first Records album "Shades In Bed" was released in the UK with a 12" bonus of 4 covers, and with a new recording of the single "Starry Eyes" produced by Robert John Lange.
I've included the original NME review by Nick Kent, plus a NME full feature about The Records written by Max Bell who was at the time the Power Pop specialist in the UK.
  

1 comment:

lancasterguy said...

Thanks for all the recent Records stuff. Not heard this album in years, (still got it somewhere) but always loved it. The bonus covers EP was brilliant (most of the songs were new to me at the time). Saw them at one of the first gigs I ever attended when they were the opening act on the second Stiff tour and then backing Rachael Sweet. They were a really tight live band rolling out power pop gem after gem. Probably the best mini set I ever saw.