GARY KLEBE - THE SHOES YEARS (1975-2012) (2026)
No need to introduce Gary Klebe, one essential member of the band along the Murphy Brothers. "Black Vinyl Shoes" was the first Shoes album i bought back in 1978 (it was the PVC edition - i only got the original BVS edition a few years later).
Album after album, i was caught by the songs penned by Gary Klebe alone, but also co-written with John or Jeff Murphy. The guy had an exceptional gift for writing memorable power pop songs.
So yesterday, i read that Gary Klebe was releasing his first solo album "Out Loud" on the 10th of April. And i thought it would be interesting to compile some of his best songs from the Shoes years. I made a custom artwork and here is the collection (22 songs written by Gary Klebe only + plus a bonus track).
GARY (551 mb)
9 comments:
As always, Thank you.
Black Vinyl Shoes was and still is a favorite. Sold a lot of copies at the record store I was working for then. Probably the only catalog number I still remember with no effort - PVC 7904.
Thanks for this interesting compilation. I had the opportunities to see them at a small club (The Rock Garden) and at their album release event at a record store. Both places oddly enough on North avenue in Chicago. Klebe had interesting contributions, from songs to instrumentation. I also recorded at Short Order early nineties with Jeff at the helm in a band I was in at the time. They were pioneers.
I was lucky enough to see them live in 80's at the Club Lingerie in Los Angeles. Skip Meyer had left by that time and they had John Richardson at the time if I recall correctly. It was amazing to see them live and hope one day they will return to Los Angeles.
Fantastic compilation Angelo, thank you
One of the bands I regret that I did not get to see. I don't know if they ever made it to San Francisco. About a year ago I read their biography and thoroughly enjoyed it. Took me back to a time when the Bomp single came out. Probably an exaggeration but not by much that it changed my music loving life.
Angelo, thanks for your effort and for sharing this comp.
thanks Angelo. Nice collection.
You need to this for Sloan, another band with multiple songwriters.
Post a Comment