Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The only "Brownsville Station" album (Never Reissued)

BROWNSVILLE STATION -  BROWNSVILLE STATION (1977)

After the non-success of Motor City Connection (1975), the band wanted an album of "heavier" sounds that the record company absolutely detested. The band wanted an album that would give them FM radio respectability; but Big Tree Records wanted the band to steer towards The Osmonds and The Partridge Family. Brownsville parted company with Big Tree after the previous album's nonsuccess, signing with the newly formed Private Stock label (home of the first Blondie album). The album features "The Martian Boogie", a seven-minutes-barn-burning set-closer recorded live in one take, spaceship noises and all. A totally overlooked album which should have deserved a CD reissue.
WU (272 mb)

8 comments:

Beatnik said...

This is by far the best album by Brownsville Station. Those who reduce this band to their hit "Smokin' In The Boys Room" can make a fabulous discovery here. Brilliant. Thank you Angelo.

Stanley said...

I get checksum errors when I try to unzip.

Stanley said...

Tried unzipping with 7z and I get "wrong password".

angelo said...

just downloaded it after reading your messages, it has been downloaded normally, then i have unzipped with latest 7zip using the pwd: password - archive has been unzipped without any problem

Stanley said...

You've changed the password on your blog. It did say "power pop cbox". It works now. Thank you.

angelo said...

it wasnt changed - there are two widgets

1. password for zip files : password

and under

2. cbox information - i've just changed the title of the widget

JKR said...

Easily their finest album. Those guitar tones...man! They roar. This band has been overlooked and underappreciated for far too long. This album, in particular, deserves a proper CD release. I've spoken to nearly a dozen boutique labels hoping someone would take interest and all I get is a whole lot of indifference. Tragic, really.

MrDave said...

Thank you -- sounds like a winner!