Monday, July 31, 2023

Straight Up Power Pop (Never Reissued)

THE ROULETTES - THE ROULETTES (1980)

The Roulettes album LP was released on Takoma Records (home of John Fahey). The Roulettes were fronted and produced by Bart Bishop (brother of the Wackers' Randy Bishop), Bart can also be heard on the Bomp's compilation "Vampires From Outer Space" as "Surprise" ("Maybe I'm Wright, Maybe I'm Wrong..."). Prior to the Roulettes episode, Bartholomew Bishop (as he was then known) played in "Providence" (an act signed to the Moody Blues' Threshold label). Jim Lowry (bass) will play later with the french band The Froggies. Anyway, if you dig Phil Seymour, The Rubinoos or any other classic powerpop acts of the era, you'll love this album.

 

WU (223 mb)

2 comments:

Beatnik said...

Thanks alot for this Roulettes album. I was not familiar with the band. Their sound reminds me a bit of the Dwight Twilley Band, and I like it! A nice found :-)

Jim H. said...

I remember buying this in the early-ish 80s cuz the cover looked like something I might like, and I was right! RIP Bart Bishop