Thursday, June 4, 2026

The 1st Jags LP (French Edition)

THE JAGS - EVENING STANDARDS (1980)

 
As a matter of fact, "Evening Standards" is long out of print and has never been reissued on a standalone CD, but it was included along the band's second LP, "No Tie Like A Present" on "The Best of the Jags" CD. Nevertheless that anthology didn't include the LP version of "Back Of My Hand" (remixed by the Buggles) and therefore different from the version of the original UK single and also the 12" EP of "Back of My Hand" aka the "4-Track 12inch E.P", it was instead a complete re-recording produced by Simon Humphries and The Jags. The french LP has the same track order as the UK LP but is totally different from the U.S. LP edition which had "Back of My Hand" opening the album.
  
FRENCH LP (342 mb)

11 comments:

Shriner said...

"Back of my Hand" is one of those songs like "Go All The Way", "My Sharona", "September Gurls", etc, that should be on everybody's top-10 Power Pop songs of all time.

CarlosUS said...

Fantastic Lp, Thanks Angelo

FiveGunsWest said...

I picked it up at a second hand shop for a quarter not too long after release. I was really into hard core and thought it was lame, but it grew on me. I came to appreciate the craftsmanship and fine writing. It might not be a desert island disc for me, but it's close. It's that good and this version is quite a treat! Thanks.

YankeeBoy said...

I haven't heard this album in ages - thank you.

GianniZ said...

I've never seen this in any format.

powerpoplovers said...

Hi, Angelo. I have "Evening Standards" and "No tie like a present" in their UK lp versions, I also have the "Back of my hand" ep and this was my favourite song when I was a disc jockey. A great job as always.

Skinny the Snide said...

This is a new one for me. Thanks, Angelo!

Mark said...

So the CD contains an exclusive mix not available elsewhere? Or this LP does? I'm confused 🤣

Jacobo P said...

Angelo thank you so much for continuing to give us these gems!

michael said...

Great! Takes me back to my youth in London and regular trips to London's Nashville Rooms to see the Jags, the Starjets and the Brakes, sometimes we were lucky enough to have them sharing the bill.

Malaspina said...

Very nice. Thanks Angelo.