Saturday, June 13, 2026

CD Edition with a Bonus Track (1993)

E-I-E-I-O - THAT LOVE THANG (1988)

 
Ranked #166 in John Borack's Ultimate Power Pop Guide (2008)
 
Here are the few words written by John Borack in the book.
"A nice mixture of sassy roots-rock and pure pop, highlighted by the harmony fiesta "Words Falling Down" and the groovin' "Andy Warhol's Dead But I'm Not". The latter tune was penned by bassist Richard Szeluga, formerly of the late '70s Midwestern power pop act The Names (Why Can't It Be)".
CD (281 mb)

14 comments:

Jim H. said...

and Richard Szeluga was also in a version of Cheap Trick for awhile in the mid 70s.....

angelo said...

yes Jim, and Mike Gorman (Off Broadway USA, Pezband) joined E.I.E.I.O. for their 3rd album

CarlosUS said...

Thanks Angelo

lancasterguy said...

Thanks for posting this. Words Falling Down is a gem.

powerpoplovers said...

Wow, nice. Thanks, Angelo

YankeeBoy said...

Way cool! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelo, thanks to post this great album, please could you post the first "Land Of Opportunity"?
buckeye

bigcravings said...

Land of Opportunity was a gem that is still getting heavy rotation in my world.

JKR said...

Excellent post, Angelo. This band have gone far too long without proper recognition. Twang Pop might be off-putting on paper but E.I.E.I.O. made some amazing music. Compulsory download for power pop enthusiasts.

Anonymous said...

@bigcravings, I know it is a great album, please could you post it?
buckeye

bigcravings said...

@Anonymous (you can post a name here), I'll post it later this week.

dr.bigsound said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dr.bigsound said...

@bigcravings, Thank you very much.

beatlefan_aps said...

Many many thanks!