CAPTAINS OF INSDUSTRY - A ROOMFUL OF MONKEYS (1985)
Dropping the "Wreckless" and reverting to his given name, Eric Goulden returned in 1985 as leader of Captains of Industry, a trio including Blockheads' Norman Watt-Roy. and Piranhas' Dick Adland. The group's sole release, "A Roomful of Monkeys" with guests Mickey Gallagher and Attractions' Steve Nieve, makes it clear that his five-year absence did nothing to dull
Eric's spirit or his talent. Considering that Goulden produced himself,
it's a surprisingly disciplined effort, mixing the craftsmanship of Big
Smash with the spontaneity of earlier efforts. With songs that are as
pungent as ever (including the uncharacteristically serious
reggae-tinged "Food Factory"),
Eric sings them confidently (and in tune!). A resounding comeback by an
estimable talent; why it wasn't greeted as such by the British public
remains a mystery.
Forty years later he decided to record again nine of these ten songs, written in the Medway Towns between 1982 and 84, as the basis for his new album: England Screaming (released in 2025)
ERIC (298 mb)

5 comments:
Thanks Angelo!!
@angelo - many thanks for such a speedy reply! I've tried again, but still no joy. I even switched off my VPN thinking that might be the problem.
I don't actually know what the password is! All I see under the sentence "Password for zip files" is the word password. I've tried the word password, but it's rejected, as are the other two options I stated in my first message.
Anyway, thank you for your help. I feel a bit embarrassed that I can't figure this out!
Thanks, Angelo, you are a gem. I switched from Firefox to Safari, used Unarchiver rather than archive utility, and now I have the LP.
Thank you for your help and your patience.
I owe you a drink or two (if ever you are in south-east Portugal ...).
And now I have enjoyed it! It was a missing link in my Wreckless Eric collection. Thank you so much.
Other readers - angelo is fab!
thanks for the share Angelo
Post a Comment