Friday, May 22, 2026

Great Lost Band of the mid- to late-'70s CBGB's scene

MUMPS - HOW I SAVED THE WORLD (2005)

 
"How I Saved the World" was a souped-up version of the out-of-print 1994 collection Fatal Charm (eggBERT Records) which preserved the lion's share of the Mumps' repertoire through single sides, unreleased demos and rehearsal tapes. This edition was enriched with two unreleased songs and a bonus DVD that demonstrates the Mumps (fronted by Lance Loud & Kristian Hoffman) were an impressive live act, and Loud was a genius frontman. A real labor of love, How I Saved the World saves the Mumps from an oblivion they certainly didn't deserve, and this material sounds as gloriously off kilter today as it did when it was recorded, which, assuredly, is a compliment.
WORLD (2.27 gb)

7 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Thank you!

Noises From Apt 2A said...

Very nifty, Angelo. Thanks so much !!!

ken49 said...

Thanks for making this stuff available. Really good memories of that era. The New Pop Explosion is amazing in the consistent quality of tunes. Maybe the list from Shindig 172 with late 70's power pop would be a nice companion. Whatcha think? :)

angelo said...

you mean this one https://powerpopangels.blogspot.com/2026/02/shindigs-powerpop-playlist-issue-172.html

ken49 said...

Yeah just like that. How did I miss it the 1st time. Thank

Jim H. said...

thanks! I have the singles, but this is a lot of stuff new to me!!

CarlosUS said...

Thanks Angelo!!