Friday, August 23, 2024

The Count From Boston (Never Reissued)

THE COUNT - I'M A STAR (1978)

 
The Count (Joseph A. Viglione) has been a visible and important fixture on the local Boston scene ever since the mid-’70s. Besides recording and performing his own material, he’s published fanzines, promoted concerts, produced other bands and operated the Varulven label. Oddly enough, his first two albums "I'm A Star" (1978) and "Love & Flame" (1982) have never been issued outside France. "I'm A Star" was released on Flamingo Records runned by Patrick Mathé from his record store in Paris "Music Box". Mathé would later create New Rose Records.

"I’m a Star" owes quite a bit to the influence of the Velvet Underground. The tracks - many previously issued in the US on singles and EPs - are appealing because of their simple, romantic outlook on life. Guests (among others) on the album include Matthew McKenzie (Reddy Teddy), Tom Dickie & Jon Macey (Tom Dickie & The Desires)
 
WU (344 mb)

3 comments:

Syl said...

Many thanks for The Count, Angelo !!

Popcat said...

Totally new to me. Thanks!

YankeeBoy said...

I would like to request a CD if you have it. Hard Numbers by Stingray Green. If you could post a lossless copy I would be mighty grateful. Thank you.