Friday, April 5, 2024

First European Mix (read carefully the notes) (Never Reissued)

THE LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH - THE METHOD TO OUR MADNESS (1984)

 
As for the 3rd album "Method To Our Madness," there's actually two drastically different mixes of that album and only the first European and UK issue in vinyl and cassette released in Dec '84 are of the original and much better mix. The later US release from early 1985 and all CD releases worldwide are of the remixed version. For the original European/UK mix, the title track, "Method To My Madness" did not have the guitar doubled on the intro, there were no strings on "When Blood Runs Cold" and most of the other tracks had significantly different mixes. Also, the European/ UK release didn't include "SF & T" (it was a B-Side) but did include "Fresh Flesh." When the remixed album was released in the US in early '85, "Fresh Flesh" was in place of "SF & T" along with the new mix of the other songs. The recent Real Gone Records 2013 reissue includes both "SF&T" and "Fresh Flesh" like the original late 80's IRS CD release did. Up until about a decade ago, guitarist Brian James was completely unaware there was even a second version of their album! Apparently, the original mix is long lost.
 
WU (279 mb)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Angelo, I have the I.R.S. orig. vinyl.
I was unaware of this other edition, will be cool to compare.
Plus I haven't listened to the album in quite sometime.

Anonymous said...

Update from my orig. comment up top. I listened to this edition all the way through and I totally agree this is a much better heavier mix.

Malaspina said...

Thanks Angelo.

Anonymous said...

One of the best sonically recorded albums ever and this is coming from a producer of over 500 works. :)

Noises From Apt 2A said...

Via the Stiv posting, you brought me to this chestnut. Thanks Angelo.