THE TEDDY BOYS - ON AIR (1980)
Originally known as Barrelhouse, Paul Asgeirson (guitar, vocals) and Steve Marian (guitar, vocals) formed the Teddy Boys in the late '70s with bassist Steve Ostick, drummer Julian Bernas, and keyboard player George Marian. The Winnipeg-based band signed with WEA and recorded their debut and only album "On Air", in 1980. Then the band later changed its name to Berlin and following the release of their Young Warrior LP in 1982 (more new wave than power pop), the band wound up embroiled and a well publicized lawsuit with the American act of the same name. After years of wrangling, the act folded due to their heavy legal debt.
WU (237 mb)


4 comments:
I've never heard of these guys but over the years you have turned me on to so much incredible music so I am looking forward to listening to this. Thank you and I hope you are doing well.
There is no question about following you.
I have nothing I can say about your ear.
John
Angelo, Angelo, Angelo! You keep finding ways to be a true HERO! All the wonderful music and compilations that you've introduced me to. Your continued generosity while battling with health issues. And now .... you shared a digital version of this album that I had all but given up on ever finding (I own the vinyl .. also own Berlin album on vinyl). I grew up in Winnipeg and was one of those who would follow Barrelhouse around the city - they were VERY good. (I remember them doing a killer version of 'Razorblades and Rattlesnakes' by Deke Leonard.) But I moved away from Winnipeg in the mid 70's before they became 'The Teddy Boys'. Thank you for filling this very welcome hole in my digital collection! And thanks for continuing to be YOU!
Thanks Angelo ... very much appreciated.
Post a Comment