Saturday, September 3, 2022

Roky SVT Groovies Related

YANKS - TELL ME NO LIES (1984)

The Yanks were from San Francisco. After SVT had split, Paul Zahl and Jack Casady left to form the Yanks with Jack Johnson and Owen Masterson. Then Jack Casady quit the Yanks and was replaced by bassist Steve Aliment. This line-up released a mini album "Made In The States" on the DTI label, it was expanded with their first EP "Only Lovers Left Alive" for the french LP "Tell Me No Lies". The same year "I Don't See Her Anymore" was released as a single in France. Before joining the Yanks and later the Flamin' Groovies, Jack Johnson played with Roky Erikson and co-wrote with a couple of songs for the "Gremlins Have Pictures" album. After the Yanks, Paul Zahl joined the Groovies with Jack Johnson, they played on "One Night Stand", "Step Up" and "Rock Juice". "Tell Me No Lies" was produced by Karl Derfler who would later produced the Groovies' Rock Juice (1992).

The album was posted in 2007 on PPC in mp3 format only.

MF (285 mb)

13 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Thanks Angelo.

passepartout78 said...

Great music, thank a lot
Riccardo

passepartout78 said...

Great music, thank a lot
Riccardo

Malaspina said...

Super ... thanks Angelo.

heartsofstone said...

Thanks so much. These are uniformly excellent.

chico said...

Thanks Angelo,nice to have a rip of the vinyl.Great stuff here.

Johnny Yen said...

Awesome!
Thanks a lot!

Jeff in Sydney said...

Thanks Angelo.

Am wondering whether you might be able to re-up the Many Shades of Shake Some Action that you put up on March 28. The link is dead at present.

Many thanks,

Jeff

Alphawolf666 said...

Hi Angelo,

I so much appreciate all your music insights. Another site that I have followed http://blog.dnevnik.hr/zinhof/ has vanished off the face of the earth. I know it is an imposition but would you know anything about where it may have landed?

Regards

heartsofstone said...

Thinking of you this time of year and wanted to wish you the best.

mike said...

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

LeeVanCleef said...

It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't check in with PPC. I was going through a really rough time in 2009 when I discovered the old blog and the yearly tradition of the Power Pop Advent Calendar. It really helped to bring some joy to what would be some pretty bleak Christmas seasons. Thank you again for all your work over the years.

BG said...

Hi Angelo -- would it be possible to post the David Werner 1979 LP here or somewhere? I'd love to hear it. Thanks!