THE THINGS - OUTSIDE MY WINDOW (1986)
"Outside My Window" was the second album released by The Things and might be a lost gem in pop rock history as it has never been reissued in any format. Part of the L.A. Paisley movement, the album is close to some famous bands of the era, Rain Parade (Everytime, You Can't Deliver), The Last (Take The Chance). The Things reached their peak with
this excellent album released on Voxx. It was also released in France (Lolita)
and Greece (Hitch Hyke).
MF (261 mb)
IMPORTANT NOTE
The vinyl rip was first posted on PPC in 2007 but was only available in mp3 format with a Dynamic Range of 10. This new FLAC version has a DR of 12 and it comes with a totally revamped artwork.
I made a new artwork to change things because you can check on discogs the entry of a fake CD release with the former artwork, and as i commented on discogs.
- no proof the cd really exists
- the images don't belong to a CD release they were made from the Voxx LP for the custom jewel cd artwork (available on PPC)
- the font used on the spines is "BellBottom.Laser"
- the left panel of the booklet was made from the center pic of the LP back using a photoshop artistic filter named "cutout"
- if anyone try to sell the cd with this artwork, it won't be an official one, probably mp3 sourced.

8 comments:
Thanks a lot !!
Thank you - I love their first album!
Love the site. Didn't find the Follow sign up or Beatlesque Again or Meet The Beatlesque purchase links
Thanks Angelo,I love your new blog.
Luv the Paisley Underground bands. Thanks Angelo.
Hey, Angelo, been following your blog forever; glad that you're picking it up again despite your health issues. Delighted to see a new rip of Outside My Window. I was a college radio DJ in the 80s and played the hell out of this album; probably my favorite Paisley Underground album, right alongside Rain Parade's perfect Emergency Third Rail, and it's a shame it never got the same attention (or CD release). I have an old mp3 copy--probably from your site?--and I've hoped to get a better version (most vinyl rips I've found online are poor quality). Thanks so much!
Many thanks Angelo.
Great to visit your new site! I've never heard this band but based on your recommendation I will give them a spin, thanks.I also suffer with Tinnitus, it's a bitch never being able to hear complete silence and etc.
Best wishes
Post a Comment